Sunday, November 26, 2017

Morning Thoughts: November 26, 2017

Had an interesting experience the other day while taking my turn at caregiving. Our ward doesn’t care much for television as a rule. She says she never “got to watch it” although we both remember her calling us on Saturday nights years ago to make sure we were watching Are You Being Served? on “Channel Two.” Woe unto us if we weren’t.

Anyway, day before yesterday, I walked in and flipped on the TV to find the marvelous film adaptation of Betty Smith’s famous A Tree Grows in Brookland had just started on the classic movie station.

Apparently, my wife had told her mother what was on, so she came in briskly and let me know that, not only was A Tree Grows In Brookland on, but that she had seen it before and remembered it. Further, she was just going to sit down and watch it again with me.

And she did. Small victories make the trials of caregiving worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment