Wednesday, September 4, 2019

New Dawnings

Let's see. Been a busy week so far. Off earning yesterday. It's nice to stay busy with good folks. Dropped Trophy Wife off to see Ruth Bader Ginsberg last night. Thought I would reach the venue by taking a one-way street north. Its traffic lights are synced to allow them to turn green as you head north.

Simple, right?
Well not exactly. What that means is that when they turn green for you, the lights up ahead are red. After 45 minutes in place, with my future increasingly in jeopardy, we turned to a side street (at her command) and wove our way, getting her not "to the church" on time but to the event on time. Whew!
Oh, and why didn't I go? The event was originally scheduled for a small venue and I assured Mrs. Know-it-All that there was no use ordering tickets. She said, "I'll get on a waiting list." I said, "Suit yourself." She did.

This morning, I arose and headed for the River Market, my old stomping grounds. There, I had early coffee with Brigadier (soon to be Major) General Troy Galloway. Troy was Community Development Director in Bentonville, AR (yes, where Walmart is headquartered) for years and we developed a professional, then personal, relationship over time. Had a nice visit. Our country is safe in the hands of troopers like Troy.

My bride is still excited. In fact, I haven't seen her this excited since Barack Obama was elected President the first time, or when she first heard that the Eagles had gotten back together. What struck her most was the number of parents at the Ginsberg event who brought their daughters. What a thrill it must have been for the youngsters to see what a dedicated woman can accomplish.

By the way. the event filled the arena. They say that there were enough on a waiting list to fill it over again. Perhaps we, as a nation, are on the verge of "Hate Fatigue" and maybe headed toward what I like to call "The Age of the Beatitudes.

Maybe. Just maybe.



Oh wow. Like … oh wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment