Monday, June 26, 2017

Sailing To Oblivium: June , 2017

"Agree with thine adversary quickly." I think the Galilean said that. Wait one. Yes, Matthew 5:25.

Let’s, then, make this “Agree With Others Day.” I’ll start us off.

Let’s see, I believe, as do my friends of other political leanings, in government overreach. When I am forced only to purchase fuel transfer cans that are totally inoperable by any human hands (you need at least three, with two of them on one arm), government has overreached. I would only ask my friends to grant the same conclusion of government overreach when we leave the workshop and get to the bedroom or wedding chapel.

I believe government spends money unwisely. That one is easy when we see all the new highways being built that will only serve to create more traffic.

Now, let’s get to the controversial. I agree that we have, and will have, the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and that we all need to accept that. Now, I have this tendency to compare guns with penises. That is to say that a certain percentage of Americans will own one, a penis that is and I think that percentage is right at 50. And, in all fairness, a certain percentage of Americans will choose, by right, to own guns.

Having said that, I stop short of wanting owners of either to run around in public waving the darn things at me.

We see what damage they can do when placed in the hands of the young, foolish, and irresponsible.

We see what damage they can do when used beyond recreation, comfort, or protecting the future of the species.

We see what damage they can do when their uncontrolled use causes friends to quarrel.

So, let’s keep them safe where they belong: out of sight and out of mind. Our planet will thank us.

Just Thinking



No comments:

Post a Comment