Thursday, October 5, 2017

Morning Thoughts: October 5, 2017

Woke up in Alma, Arkansas at a nice Quality Inn, thinking about what a lucky man I am. I get paid for visiting places like this. Further, it allows me to know some of the finest people on our planet, the elected officials and public servants who serve our state at the local level.

Then another thought occurred to me. I'm at the western edge of Arkansas, headed back East in a few moments. I got to thinking about how I could use the trip back to stop and visit friends along the way that I have made while working as an urban planning consultant in this state. I could just drop in and say "Hello, I was passing through and thought I would stop and say hello to wonderful friends whom I've had the pleasure of serving . I've made a few over the last nearly 50 years. Many have gone on but many are still here."

I truly believe that they would be glad to see me. I know I would enjoy it immensely.

There's just one problem.

I'd never get home.

Born to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment