Monday, October 9, 2017

Morning Thoughts: October 9, 2017

It's Columbus Day, or whatever the hell they call it these days. Should one take a day off from blogging today? Inquiring minds want to know.

I never got to take it off before. The only federal agency I ever worked for didn't observe it, and most private companies don't.

Of course I never got to take Veterans Day off either. By the time I became a veteran, the draft dodgers had all the good public service jobs that offered such perks. Oh well.

Anyway. I'm bummed out. Watched a good part of On the Beach last night. I feel closer to the insanity that it portrayed now than I ever have. We have elected, I fear, a horde of politicians that would make Dr. Strangelove appear sane.

I think maybe that's why people are driving the way they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment