Sunday, April 8, 2018

Morning Thoughts: April 8, 2018


I dreamed I saw John Lennon last night. Alive as you or me. Says I, "But John, you're a long time dead." "I never died," said he. Yes, it was a dream and I apologize to both Alfred Hayes and the memory of Joe Hill. It was a dream, after all.

It continued when John Lennon looked at me said, “Quick, tell me my killer’s name.”

I thought, but couldn’t. My mind was as drifty in dreamland as in real life.

“No,” he said. “You can’t. But why?”

I kept staring.

“The press,” he said. “The press made a pact not to print his name. They just called him John Lennon’s killer and such. Now he’s forgotten to history.”

“I don’t understand.” I said.

“You will,” he said. “Remember the ‘Monsters From the Id’ who fed on the very attempts to destroy them?” He winked and continued, as he began to fade, “Now go and give peace a chance.”

On my awakening, it dawned on me. We are our own monsters. It began when we gave maliciousness a name, a brand, and an excuse for irrational statements. Perhaps the press can save us by taking away those aggrandizing supports. Consider how it would sound to hear or read the following.

“The President of the United States of America said today that Mexicans are rapists and murderers.”

“The President of the United States of America today said all ‘negative polls are fake news.’”

“The President of the United States of America said today that ‘the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and Hispanics.’”

“The President of the United States of America said today that ‘maybe we should have a rating system for movies.’”

“The President of the United States of America said today that ‘millions of people voted illegally in the last election.’”

“The President of the United States of America said today that, "I learned more about war in military school that veterans do in the service.’”

“The President of the United States of America said today that ‘with [hurricanes] Irma and Harvey devastation, Tax Cuts and Tax Reform is needed more than ever before.’”

“The President of the United States of America said today that ‘James Comey lied and leaked and totally protected Hillary Clinton. He was the best thing that ever happened to her!’”

Wouldn’t that put things in a different light? It would apply Occam's Razor to our president's current bondage with Vince McMahon, and force comparisons to the likes of Lincoln, the Roosevelts, Truman, and Eisenhower.

Wouldn't that make sense? Or is it just me?



No comments:

Post a Comment