Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Day Off

Out earning today. Will just leave you with a simple thought.

I'm a victim of Reverse Jimmy Buffett/Ernest Hemingway Syndrome. Yes, that's the syndrome exemplified by the entrenched belief that, no matter where on the planet you are, you are the only American that the natives love.

The natives always hated me. So did the in-country folks, I believe.

I was never chosen for a sports team.

No girl ever danced with me when I asked.

Teachers didn't learn my name until the semester was over.

I was the "Marty" (Remember the movie? One of my all time hits.) of my world, except the woman who finally did pay attention was knock-down gorgeous.

Oh, I guess I had, still do, some extraordinary friends.

Well, there were some bosses that paid me well and taught me things.

I've always had good neighbors.

Some great musicians have befriended me.

Come to think about it, I've been pretty darn lucky.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment