Monday, November 25, 2019

Carefullness

Ready for a big tip in life? Okay, here goes, ready or not. Let’s say you board a foster puppy. Let’s say that it’s a rescue dog ready to go north for adoption after all the shots are in and all the, uh, medical procedures have been completed. (Ixnay on the aidspay.)

Now let’s say that it’s late autumn and the leaves cover the ground between trips to allow the rescue dog to attend the call of nature. BTW, I read where you are supposed to say, “Busy Busy” while said dog attends its business so it will learn how to know what it’s supposed to be doing. Ours told me that if I didn’t shut that silly crap up she would do it in the middle of the kitchen floor. Anyway … we’re back outside with the precious thing.

Now assume that vision is obscured and it’s not quite safe to put your feet down just anywhere. Then assume that having finished attending your puppy’s needs and you need to go back inside, but you’re not sure that you haven’t trod upon a previous expedition’s deposit.

Tip of the day: Find a nice pile of leaves. Plant each foot on it in succession.

Now look.

If leaves adhere to the sole of your shoe and extend out on either side, it’s a sure sign that you carry troubles and it is best not to walk on your best carpet ere you attend the matter.

Works every time and I keep indoors free of unwanted material that way. I have a checklist by my front door so I can record my testing before I enter. I color-code my mishaps by day of week for clarity. That prevents any mishaps.

My question: would this be appropriate to send as a “Hint to Heloise”?



No comments:

Post a Comment