Thursday, December 12, 2019

Shame

I'm old enough to remember when the President of the United States of America considered himself above using his valuable time to assault, verbally, a 16-year-old girl.

I'm becoming less optimistic about America daily. Any dear friend is free to make up her or his mind about this president and his administration. I will still love you unless, at some point, you don a brown uniform and call yourself a "Trump-Trooper," which I fear some of you would do.

Here's what scares me most.


Not long ago I sat in a large room full of people I would normally consider honest, law-abiding citizens. They (and some were relatives) had always seemed to me to be kind and gentle people. They, for the majority, seem to be kind-hearted and law-abiding people, ready to help their neighbors at the drop of a hat. It dawned on me that I was the only person in that room who didn't vote for Donald Trump in 2016 and, sadly, was the only person in the room who will not vote for him in 2020.

How do these people vote for a man who
- Publicly denigrated the handicapped, which included some of the crowd or their children:
- Favors a sworn enemy of the United States over his own people:
- Attempts to bribe a sovereign nation with the promise of American largess:
- Makes filthy comments about half of the people in that audience:
- Uses his office to demean and bully fellow citizens who’ve done this country no harm:
- Praises and idolizes despots from countries that have done and are doing our country harm:
- Keeps sociopaths on his staff and in his Cabinet, and
- Works ceaselessly to destroy our planet?

 It beats the holy crap out of me. We are closer to Nazi Germany than we are to "I Have a Dream." Oh, and the neighbors would have to be white, rural southerners to qualify for that help I mentioned.


The current leader of the party of Lincoln


No comments:

Post a Comment