Monday, October 14, 2019

Guilt

Sometimes I think I may have been a troublesome child. Then I see what has happened to other people’s children and I think I wasn’t too bad. It’s just that I always got caught doing things other kids and people were doing.

I could be the middle driver in a long lane of speeding vehicles. An officer will invariably pull alongside me, stop me, and let the others pass by laughing.

That’s why I’ve learned to be extra careful. I’m like the person who gets slapped in a sports contest. Should that person slap back, guess who the referee sees and upon whom shall the foul be called?

My younger brother understood this process to “the T.” He was a master at taunting me until Sainted Mother looked our way as I responded. He could play the injured party like a puppy spanked for chewing on your britches leg.

Of course, I never was one to respond to taunting unless there was an audience.

For educational purpose only, one of the best tactics in getting away with a transgression is to project that transgression upon your victim when you are caught. It’s easy, just place blame on the victim for doing what it was that you were doing.

“He was stealing my toys.”

“He called you an old fat cow.”

“He came up and tried to spray me with a water pistol. I was just watering your plants with mine.”

Evidently, according to the daily news, this is a tactic that remains with some of us throughout our lives.

Another tested and true tactic is what I call, “Going after your opponent’s strength.”

“He is so much bigger and stronger than me. Do you think I would start something?”

“You always said he was smart. Can’t you see how he talks me into doing something wrong?”

“So he gained a Purple Heart and a Silver Star, that means he had to cheat to get them.”

Oops. Got carried away. That’s enough for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment