Monday, January 27, 2020

Dismay

One can't help but develop dismay at the current lack of civil discourse in America. Nor can one help but wish for a more decent and forbearing discussion of differing opinions. One recoils at the bitterness and denunciation today between those whose view of the world differs. One doesn't recognize America. It becomes easier each day to understand how decent Germans must have felt at seeing the SS round up their friends and neighbors, watching their sons march toward Poland, and finding themselves living in a strange land.

Of course I can moderate my thoughts and utterances, with all the effect of a butterfly's wings against a hurricane wind. Still, I will try. I will do my best to make truth matter again.

Tragically the one person in the world who could best calm us, build  harmonious feelings, and lead us away from this morass of destructive discourse is the primary instigator of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment