Sunday, May 21, 2017

Reconciliation: 17

Remember how Captain Kirk, from the Starship Enterprise, would confound computerized foes by introducing so much illogic that their electrodes would catch fire? That odor you smell is from mine frying.

Was doing some reading in the Holy Bible. Came across this from the Old Testament: “You shall not commit adultery.” That’s from what they call the Ten Commandments, a pretty important item in Judeo-Christian theology.

Later, I moved over to the New Testament and read this, attributed to The Galilean. "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her; and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."

Can we assume then, that the attitude of Jesus on adultery mimics the words Calvin Coolidge, according to Will Rogers anyway, when he reported, to his wife, his preacher’s attitude on sin: “He was a’gin it.”

If so, then imagine my reading where POTUS, the current head of the Republican Party, is nominating Callista Gingrich as ambassador to the Vatican in Rome.

She is the one, remember, who hooked up with Newt Gingrich for years while he was married to his second wife, having divorced his first while she lay in the hospital with cancer.

Oh, it is reported that Callista claimed Newt never “sent her flowers” during the six-year affair. I’m doing a Biblical search now to determine if this constitutes grounds for a “waiver of sin,” so to speak.

I know I’m supposed to be in a reconciliation mode. I will strive to be. Really. I will get over it. I willingly grant that POTUS has the right to nominate ambassodors according to his preferences,

But do I have some slight right to be flabbergasted?

Suffering from a major case of flabergastion




No comments:

Post a Comment