Thursday, March 22, 2018

Marching To Oblivium: March 22, 2018


It’s like finding out that your favorite malt shop is really making its money by selling heroin to teenagers outside the back door.

It’s like finding out the quaint bookstore on the town square is connected to a large building where the same owners who would sell you the works of Kurt Vonnegut Jr. also offer teenaged prostitutes to wealthy old men.

It’s like finding that a charming small-venue music hall puts on dog-fights out back for selected customers.

I’m talking of course about what we’re finding out about Facebook. Sad and scary don’t begin to describe the feelings. How can something that has offered so many wonderful opportunities to make contact with, and maintain contact with, old friends and forgotten acquaintances be actively engaged in offering help and succor to those who hate and would destroy our country?

It’s like finding out that Mr. Rogers was buying opium from Afghanistan and reselling it in the neighborhood.

In a sense, America just struck the tip of the terrible iceberg called “Citizens United.” President Barack Obama tried to warn us. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito mocked him on national TV for his warning. “Corporations are people,” he said. “Get used to it, boy!”

Now we see one of the world’s richest computer nerds evading the issue of how Facebook enabled foreign governments and domestic terrorists to poison an American presidential election. He says maybe we will do something about it. Maybe we won’t. Maybe after the next election. Maybe not.

Get used to it, he implies, strutting around like El Duce. Corporations, he suggests, cannot make decisions, they are too complex and multifaceted. Besides, we haven’t the technology yet to create a fully operational soul within a corporation.

But they are supposed to be human, we say. The Supreme Court of the United States of American said so. Where is their soul?

Unrestrained greed is their soul.

What to do? I seriously don’t know. Should we give up something that has given us so much pleasure?

It’s like finding out that having sex can make you die.

Oh wait, never mind.

I’ll curtail my FB use while I think about it. Meanwhile, I sure as hell won’t buy anything advertised on it. I'm becoming a celibate capitalist and, I’m changing my metaphor.

Meet the new me, a 21-year old home-schooled libertarian who believes that a no-government model of administration, similar to that in effect in Somalia, is the ideal form as envisioned by my Guiding Goddess Ayn Rand.

I’m deeply religious and I tithe to my church, the NRA.

My greatest dream in life is to shoot to death the last surviving member of a vanishing species.

I want our country to have the world’s largest military machine and the world’s most elaborate transportation system (for the delivery of internet sales only). I will never support a politician who believes in exacting taxes for the support of government. I’m with the “no taxes, no time, nowhere, for no purpose” crowd. If we need money, borrow it from the Chinese until we get ready to “nuke” them.

I think the Galilean was a little squishy and don’t care much for him, but I like what Paul (of Paul and Timothy) said about queers. And I worry about killing them babies before they are old enough to join the military.

I don’t like anyone who isn’t a white Christian. Kill them all, I say, maybe keep all the young girls.

I don’t read, and my entire knowledge base derives from Fox News, can’t you tell?

Now, Mark Elliot Zuckerberg, sell that information to Vladimir Putin with my blessings and enjoy your profits.

It’ll be like finding out your favorite target has just voted to get rid of your best pals’ sorry asses.


I'm this rich.
I'll sell stuff to
anyone I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment