Friday, September 8, 2017

Growing Up Southern: September 8, 2017

Know what keeps me sane? Music, playing it and listening to it. I'm no good at playing it, but it makes me smile.

Steve Martin says you can't frown and play the banjo at the same time. Some folks say you can tell when a banjo player is standing on a level stage if he is drooling equally from both sides of his mouth. And so it goes.

Anyway, I got my old banjo out the other day and hit a lick or two. I finally have a place where the sound doesn't produce threats of divorce or mayhem. I tried to frown while I played Fireball Mail. Couldn't. I tried to say something mean about someone I don't like while playing Earl's Breakdown. No dice. Coundn't think of a nasty thing to do to my little brother while taking a try at Sally Ann.

Hey, got to go. I'm going to open a Fund Me account for the purchase of banjos for the entire Trump administration, and his pals.


No comments:

Post a Comment