Monday, February 3, 2020

Choices

Talked to the Galilean this morning. Well, if Franklin Graham can, I can too. Hell, I'm a lot more righteous than he.

Anyway. I mentioned to him, the Galilean, that lots of people on social media this morning were incensed about the halftime show at the Super Bowl halftime yesterday. Seems it was pretty much R+ rated.

"What happened?" he asked.

I didn't know for I was finishing a deadline and reading  Howard Zinn's Peoples History of the United States.

"Working on Sunday?"

"I'll send part of the money to help the least of those you love so well."

He thought. "Just don't make a habit of it."

"Sure."

He thought for a moment. "Tell me," he said. "Was this the first Super Bowl halftime that was nasty?"

"Don't know," I said. "The last time I watched a Super Bowl was somewhere around 1970 and then only because I was stuck with weekend duty on a docked warship. But I understand they've been pretty raw for several years."

"So," he said. "Tell me then."

"Yessir."

"If they wanted to watch something righteous, why weren't they watching PBS instead? I sent it to them just for that purpose."

At that point, I excused myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment