Thursday, July 6, 2017

Sailing To Oblivium: July 6, 2017

Seems our Secretary of State is going to give Donald Trump some of my personal voting information. Amazing.

Here's a hint. Before each election cycle, I study the Beatitudes from the Gospel of Matthew in the Christian New Testament. Then I think about them. I don't encouraging the mixing of politics and religion, but I think the Beatitudes, whether viewed as religion, literature, philosophy, or moral guidance, are useful in contemplating the manner in which a country is governed.

So, I use them to initiate thought. I must say they have influenced my voting record over the years, so Mr. Trump can view it, along with our Secretary of State, Mitch McConnel, Paul Ryan, and the Koch Brothers.

I don't think they are going to like it, though.

Just Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment