Monday, May 6, 2019

A last goodbye ...

Not much this morning. Going to the service for my niece, Candy Morgan Jones. Lord, you should have seen the folks who showed up for her visitation time yesterday. A solid line filed by for two hours straight, a fitting testimony.

I've said about all I can think to say about this lady. We'll let her rest in peace. She deserves it. Cancer sucks., but she is beyond it now.

Don't know why, but as I saw the crowd file by yesterday, I kept thinking of one story. Candy had started grade school and would stay with my folks after school let out. The female portion of the country was going through a "Granny Dress" phase, and of course she wanted one. She kept badgering my mother, her grandmother, to sew her one. Grandmother protested. She didn't even know how long to make it.

No problem, according to Candy. "You just start sewing on it and I'll let you know when it gets long enough." She found life simple. You just start doing right and things would work out okay.

Maybe that would be her last message to us. Just do right. Let us love one another as the Galilean would have us do. When we've done it enough, she'll let us know.

Did I ever tell you
she was beautiful, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment