Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Earning for a change ....

Thought I'd go up to Searcy and do some work today. Things seem quiet there and they like to keep it that way. There is this one thing I found interesting before I go.

From the interest in the film, The Highwaymen, I'm suddenly interested in Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow again. So interested, in fact, that I'm re-reading Jeff Guinn's biography Go Down Together. I unfolded one tidbit. Remember the sequence where, in the 1967 film where the gang kidnapped a couple, the man played by Gene Wilder?

Well, turns out that that part of the film had some accuracy, The young man was a mortician and the gang enjoyed some carefree banter with the couple before releasing them. Actually, Bonnie found it funny that he was an embalmer. Anyway. After kidnapping the couple in Ruston, LA, they drove north with them into Arkansas. Guess where they left the couple? Yep, Waldo, Arkansas.

The gang then made a circuitous route around through Hope, Arkansas where the drew the attention of a local police officer. Clyde scared him away with a BAR and they gang went back to Louisiana.

I dunno. I just find that stuff interesting and feel myself wanting to kidnap friend Sonny Rhodes for another road trip.

Isn't that interesting?



No comments:

Post a Comment